Friday, May 26, 2006

May 26 th.


I haven't been blogging lately because I really don't have anything to say.


Life has been okay. Eldest is a 14 and acting like a 14 year old, meaning that we can't make sense of why or how he makes the decisions he makes. Middle is a pill, 11 .. Rolls her eyes at me, like I just don't get it, and youngest is going through a clingy stage.






As to the world, two things jumped out at me this morning.

Desmond Dekker of Desmond Dekker & the Aces fame, has passed away at 64. Not sure if you have ever heard the song Isralites, but it was the first song by a Jamaican artist to reach the international top 10. In my opinion this song lead Ska to Reggae to Marley having such an influence on not just local Caribbean culture but International music culture.

A Toronto cop has received a short term (15 months) demotion (reduction in rank and pay) for taking a bribe, he let a person off a drunk driving conviction because that person dropped a name. Hey I think he should be fired, but that’s another point. My question to this story is has the person who presented the officer the ticket been charged with offering a bribe to a Police Officer, I thought this was a crime also.

Anyway have a great weekend.