Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What happened on February 20 th?

My Kids
Wonderland 06 25 05 2


I just realised that I haven't talked about the kids in a while. They are all doing very well, other then growing up. As I mentioned in a email to a friend lately Eldest is turning 15 and is such a pain in the butt, Middle is turning 13 and is becoming a pain in the butt, and youngest just turned 7 is just to cute to be a pain in the butt.
Eldest is adjusting to grade 9, but any suggestions or help we might offer or want to offer is not right, because in his eyes we just don't understand him or his life. Crap, that the same shit I feed my parents. Is it just a cycle that God puts us through to punish us for our past indiscretions? No really, Eldest is doing well, what with the talks with the psychologist and the medication we have gotten him to focus on events around him. He is no longer a target for bullying, in fact some of his worst tormentors last year have become friends this year, because he is now able to not over react to situations. I'm very proud of him. I just have to get him to stop tormenting his sisters, trying to get a girl friend (I don't remember being this desperate), bugging me till I yell and being such a general pain in the butt for the fun of it.
Middle is as I said almost 13, !a young woman!, if you know what I mean. How many Dad's out there chat with their 13 year old daughter about her period. (creepy, but I'm doing it) The only thing I stress is the I will break the legs of any guy who touches her. (I try to leave it at that point, I want to say "when you don't want to be touched, but I just don't want her to be touched until she is 30) She talks to her mom about guys, not to me (which is a good thing). She is having a good year as a goalie, had a great game last week, stood on her head for her team. They won as a team, which was great. School wise has been a problem, she seems to miss a lot of what is being said to her, so her work and marks are suffering. She is making mistakes that should not be happening, so I am taking her to the doctor for a check-up this week.
Youngest is another thing altogether. She is the baby and can get away with anything, which pisses the other two off. She wants to do everything and be involved in everything. My mother calls her Ms. Diva, always the center of attention. She is going for her orange belt in a week. She does her pattern so well, that Sensei wants to get her into a advance class. But she is involved in so many other things she can only get to class once a week. Life with her will never be boring, I just dread her as a teenager.
For me life is good. Trying to control what I eat (ususally fail) but am going to TaiKwonDo at least 3 days a week. Putting on muscle mass but not losing weight. I have my blue belt test next week .. I have to know Saifa ... learning it slowly. Only so much you can teach a old horse. Wife is good, working to hard, trying to rest but never getting enough sleep because of her damn husband who snores (me). Trying out breath right strips right now .. other than this cold I have they seem to work.

We're a Happy Family, Rocket to Russia The Ramones , 1977 on Sire Records.

We're a happy family
We're a happy family
We're a happy family
Me mom and daddy
Sitting here in queens
Eating refried beans
We're in all magazines
Gulpin' down thorazines
We ain't got no friends
Our troubles never end
No christmas cards to send
Daddy likes men
Daddy's telling lies
Baby's eating flies
Mommy's on pills
Baby's got the chills
I'm friends with the president
I'm friends with the pope
We're all making a fortune
Selling daddy's dope