Thursday, March 02, 2006

March 2 nd.

Well, I promised some photos of Vegas and the Grand Canyon, I'm not going to load them up in the blog but I will invite you to go to my Flickr Page and take a quick look.

Vegas was incredible, but I'll never go back. I'm not a big crowd or noise person, and that is what Vegas is Crowded and Noisy. Can you beleive that I feel asleep during the Elton John show. He was talking about his song Daniel and how the video that they would show would finally explain the song .. I have no idea what the song is about because drifted off twice during it. Sad, Eltons music is awesome, the show was great but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. This shot was taken on the ground of Ceasers Palace, I couldn't get over taking a photo of a Angels Butt and a the models butt in the bill board.

The Grand Canyon was incredible .. We went to the Grand Canyon West DSCF0101on Hualapai land. This is a nation of about 2000 people who have been living in this area for thousands of years.

This is a photo taken at Eagle Point. Can you see why its called Eagle Point.

I stood on the edge of a 4000 foot drop, there are no fences or walls on the West rim, so if your faint of heart don't go. They fed us a great BBQ at Guano Point and allowed us about an hour to walk around. Most of the shots of the Canyon were taken here. They have tables set up with jewellery for sale I bought earings for wife, a silver necklace for each of my girls and a silver and turqoise ring for myself. Had to dicker on price, but I came away feeling that I got a deal. I picked Eldest up a really nice hoody back at the main trading post.






To get to the Grand Canyon West we had to drive on a dirt road through the Joshua Tree National Forest to get there. Ever ridden on a winding dirt road going 30 to 40 miles an hours. Wow. like I said take a look at the photos in Flickr.








I will go to Arizona again and take my kids to see the Grand Canyon, it puts the world into perspective.

We are really so small.