Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What happened on July 19th?

Pagoda Lantern, Festival of Lanterns Ontario PlacePagoda Lantern, Festival of Lanterns Ontario Place
Taken by Me on July 8/06


Do you know sometimes the world just sucks for people.

Eldest is having a hard time right now. He has been bullied for the last few years, his grades have dropped badly, he can't seem to do anything right. We had him tested by a psychologist. They say he is AD/HD I or ADI or ADD I or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Inattentive... whatever you want to call it. It sucks. He doesn't bounce off the walls, he isn't destructive, he just can't concentrate on anything for more than a few seconds. He has a hard time understanding when people are serious or joking, he can't decipher verbal and non verbal signals from people. Just like his old man. I was never diagnosed ADD, but I was always told I was a dreamer, I didn't pay close enough attention to the class, I had to attend special classes because I couldn't keep up with the rest of the kids, I never knew what people were talking about because I couldn't understand what they meant, but I learned coping techniques on my own, he hasn't yet. We've got him talking to the psychologist about how to cope with with people and the world around him, it sucks for him, he is realizing that he is different not because he wants to be but because he is. We're trying to help him but its hard.

On top of all this, last week, he gets mugged on the way to the dentist.. the shits took a $75 iPod and patted him down for his wallet .. no one should be treated this way. But my son was. We filed a report with the police, nothing yet. I've driven around the neighbourhood seeing if I could find them... what would I do if I did, run them down with my car (I can only dream) Now he is nervous about going out into the neighbourhood by himself. A month ago he had no problem riding a bus to Yorkdale by himself, now we can barley get him to visit the guys in who live only a block away from us. You want to keep your kids safe, but nothing you prepares you for this. At least a good side to this is he has started to take TaiKwonDo again.

Middle just got a cast off, she broke her arm playing soccer, Youngest is herself.. I love them all