Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What happened on January 24th?

I don't know about you but we live in the most incredible world .. and we are really fucking it up.

This is a video of a "Frilled Shark", they are a species of shark that is known to live in the deep ocean, 120 m to 1,400 m. It died a few hours after being caught in shallow water off the coast of Japan. Why was it out of its natural habitat? Tempature, lack of food, changing enviroment. We have to find out!



This image is of the Saiga Antelope from Asia EDGE in Britian has classified it as a species at risk. In twenty years we humans have taken the population from over a million to around 50,000, through poaching and over hunting.

In Canada, we have 68 species ranging from extinct to special concern, thats just in mammals, its 500 plus if you look at everything from birds plants and animals.

I'm not preaching. I'm not a saint when it comes to being green. I try my best, but we have to do more. This is just wrong.




Marvin Gaye = Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)

Woo ah, mercy mercy me
Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Where did all the blue skies go?
Poison is the wind that blows from the north and south and east
Woo mercy, mercy me, mercy father
Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Oil wasted on the ocean and upon our seas, fish full of mercury
Ah oh mercy, mercy me
Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Radiation under ground and in the sky
Animals and birds who live nearby are dying
Oh mercy, mercy me
Ah things ain't what they used to be
What about this overcrowded land
How much more abuse from man can she stand?
Oh, na na...
My sweet Lord... No
My Lord... My sweet Lord