Friday, July 13, 2007

What happened on Friday July 13th?

Yellow Daisy
Daisy


I'm off work for a week. Going to build/rebuild at deck at the house. It's needed to be done for the last two years but I just haven't taken the time. So this year I set aside a week. Post holes are dug, just have to get started. I'll try to take some pictures of the project to show you what I've done.

I've been trying to figure out what to post about today until I found that Toronto Mike did a post about "Bob Marley Steals From Banana Splitz". Thanks Mike.



How many of you remember the Banana Splits, this was a show done by Sid and Marty Kroftt. It was a variety show for kids, no skit was more than a few minutes and it would never bore a kid. It had a cliff hanger serial called Danger Island (until I found this link, I had always thought the guy was yelling "UH Oh, Tongo!"). I used to run around shouting UH Oh, Tongo! all the time at the fine old age of 6 and 7. I guess I thought was so cool! Don't know how we got this show in Bracebridge but we did. (we only had two TV channels back in those days {CKVR and CHEX})

Any way this led me to repost the Dickies version of The Banana Splits (The Tra La La Song).mp3, It was on "New Wave Archive" hope you go out and buy it.

Listening to Jackie is Punk - The Rammones.