Friday, August 31, 2007

What happened on Wednesday August 31st?

Dahlia
DSCF0177

The following is pulled from "Marketnews Weekly Newsletter - Issue #353"

It's no secret that sales of CDs have been declining as the popularity in downloading digital tracks continues to explode. In an effort to make CD purchases more attractive, and in celebration of the 25th anniversary of this successor format to the cassette tape, HMV has decided to drop CD prices by as much as 33%, or $10 per disc! It's a bold move on the retailer's part, but it could very well trigger other retailers to follow suit, and help to reinvigorate the category.

Check out this week's blog entries, which include further commentary on HMV's decision to offer lower-priced CDs.


As I was out shopping last night for pants for the cruise, I slipped into HMV. (I was hoping that I would find the new Bedouin Soundclash CD "Street Gospels" for $10 .. it was still $14.99. What they seemed to be doing in bundling the price, if you buy two CD's you would get them both for $20, as opposed to $14.99 each. Unfortunately Street Gospels wasn't bundled. I will wait impatiently.

I am gone for a week, we have to be at the airport by 4:30 and we have a 10hr flight to Rome. Sorry, but I am going change how I handle comments, but I will be back in a week to check out how everyone is. So, have a great first week back to school and I will post pictures when I get back.

Give a listen to the mucic posted in the previous post, and go out and buy some music.