Monday, October 29, 2007

What happened on Monday October 29th?

Hallow-meme from Samurai Frog

1. What is your favorite work of horror fiction?
Not a big fan of horror (I’m just a big wuss, I get scared very easily) but I think the best I’ve ever read was Stephen King’s It

2. Who is your favorite monster?
The “Alien” from Ridely Scotts Alien series. I don’t think I have ever been able to watch one of these movies right through.

3. What horror movie gives you the most chills?
The Thing From Another World. Yes I am 44, but I have never watched this movie all the way through. I remember sitting in the family room on a Saturday afternoon watching this movie with my sisters. I hid behind the couch.

4. Freddy versus Jason?
Never seen them, never will. Well I did watch some of a Jason movie. Back before we we had even thought of getting married (23 years ago) we were at wifes girlfriends house watching a movie. I had turned around to talk to (future) Wife, turned back just as a fist went through a car movie. I did a one eighty and ened up with my head in wifes lap. I did not live that one down for a long time.

5. Ghosts or goblins?
Goblins, Ghosts I can handle they are insubstantial so they can do anything to you.

6. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal?
Saw the black hearse being drawn by 8 black horses racing through the sky. (great grandmother told me that it meant someone had died.) I think I was drunk, so does it really count?

7. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, but how can they hurt you.

8. Favorite Halloween costume?
I guess I was about eight or so, I was a pirate. Mom did the charcoal beard, eye patch, and crape paper around the top of my rubber boots to make them look like pirate boots. I had just seen Captain Blood for the first time.

9. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your fantasy costume be for this Halloween?
One of the Cylons from the original Battlestar Galactica

10. When was the last time you went trick or treating?
I was ten, the first year we moved to Barrie. I went out a Columbo. People in the neighbourhood asked me why I was out for Halloween, “was I not to old?

11. What's your favorite Halloween candy?
Sponge Toffee .. one of my teachers in public school lived up the street from us. She gave this out ever year.

12. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had.
I remember having a flying dream once where I suddenly lost the power to fly and fell out of the sky.

13. What is your supernatural fear?
Have always had problems with werewolves, not sure why but I still get creeped out walking in the bush late at night.

14. What is your creepy-crawlie fear?
None .. okay maybe I have problems with seeing a mass of cockroaches .. but they just ugly.

15. Would you ever stay in a real haunted house overnight?
Yes, or what I always thought of a haunted house. My Great Grandmother had a bedroom that was always locked, I used to image that one of my mothers relatives was locked away in there, and would try and get out to kill us at night. This was a big old house that only my Grandmother and Great-Grandmother lived in. I found it dark and kind of smelly.

16. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?
I do both, tell me what you think?

17. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween?
Wife likes to go nuts, so we have spider webs, spiders, bats, Halloween lights.. etc. Me I would be happy with just the pumpkins. I bought four today.

18. Do you think Halloween is too commercial these days? Do you miss classic Halloween costumes or traditions from your childhood?
Way to commercial, as a kid Halloween would always come about as kind of a surprise, you’d have a few days to get your costume together and that was it. Youngest has been talking about Halloween for a month now. I'm dating myself here but I can still remember getting homemade candy apples, fudge and sponge toffee. We've spent about $60 on candies (we bought the chocolates early on sale). We should be seeing about 150 kids tonight.