Friday, September 22, 2006

Music Meme
and
What happened on September 22nd?

Guano Point, Grand Caynon West Rim, Feb. 2006Grand Caynon West Rim


17 Question Music Meme
Rules - Copy the questions, answer them, if you can make some links, pass them around, add at least one question when you use this meme. Let me know if you post this meme by linking to me. I want to see what other people like.


1) What was the first Album that you purchased? Do you still have them?
London Calling: The Clash and ArgyBargy: Squeeze. I still have both of them. I was sixteen, and had just gotten my first pay cheque from a after school job.

2) What was the first Album that you got as a gift?
Bat Out of Hell: Meat Loaf (I got the 8 Track Cassette for Xmas '77)

3) What was the first Concert you went to?
Queen, at the CNE, a bunch of us came down by Greyhound bus for a day at the EX and the concert.

4) Who was the first bar band you saw? and where?
Teenage Head, the American Hotel (the Yank) Barrie Ontario

5) What was your most memorable concert?
CSNY, at the ACC with my wife.

6) What band have you seen again and again?
Neil Young

7) What was/is your favourite concert/bar venue?
Massey Hall Toronto - accoustics are awesome. Last concert wife and I saw there was Alice Cooper.

8) What song have you never been able to forget? What part of the lyrics do you always find yourself singing?
Be Bop A Lula - Gene Vincent
{Be Bop A Lula she's my baby, Be Bop A Lula I don't mean maybe, Be Bop A Lula she's my baby doll, my baby doll, my baby doll.}

9) Can you remember the first time you really listened to a song on the radio, who was the artist?
Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night. Summer 1976 (I was 13), we were coming back from the cottage, I was trapped in the back of a Town & Country station wagon with all the luggage while my older sisters and their friends constantly sang S A T U R D A Y night! I hate Top 40 Radio Format.

10) Did you make mix cassettes for yourself and your friends?
Yes I was always a audio geek, I always looked after the party tapes for the bush parties.

11) What was the first song you downloaded?
Minnie the Mutcher, Cab Calloway

12) Did you purchase a MP3/IPod player yet?
The company has given me a PDA, I use windows media player and a 1 Gig Flash memory card, it holds about 200 plus songs. I then listen to music via headphones or a cassette adapter in my car.

13) Do you listen to music at work?
Yes .. otherwise I would go crazy .. I've hooked the PDA into a spare set of speakers in my office.

14) Do you sing along to the radio/cd player in the car?
Yes, loud and strong. One time I was driving my neice and nephew home from a week at the cottage, I had Great Big Sea's Road Rage in the CD player and sang my heart out the whole trip. A few weeks later my neice told my wife that I was a very bad singer. (their dad is a professional singer)

15) Have you taken your kid/kids to a concert? Who?
We took middle and Eldest to the Concert Fpr Toronto, Eldest wants to go to see the Who, but tickets for the two of us would be almost $300. I offered to take him to Rancid and Dropkick Murphys but he had arranged to go skateboarding with his friends (who would you rather be with your Dad or your friends).

16) Do you like your wife/husbands,son or daughters taste in music?
Eldest seems to like what I like, though he really is getting into AD/DC and I've never been a huge fan. Middle is into Black Eyed Peas, Cheetah Girls and Kelly Clarkson, so no I don't realy like her music, but I put up with it. Youngest likes anything so she is easy to get along with. Wife is a child of the 60's R&B music scene, Marvin Gaye, Supremes and James Brown.

17)What type of music do you like?
I don't think there is any music genre that I don't like at least something from. I love to listen to all forms of Rock & Roll / Rock - Garage, Alternative, Punk, New Wave, Classic Rock, and Blues, R&B, Jazz, Classical, Celtic also Bluegrass. I even like some Rap, Folk and Country songs.


Shapes of Things - Yardbirds

Shapes of things before my eyes,
Just teach me to despise.
Will time make men more wise?
Here within my lonely frame,
My eyes just hurt my brain.
But will it seem the same?

Come tomorrow, will I be older?
Come tomorrow, may be a soldier.
Come tomorrow, may I be bolder than today?

Now the trees are almost green.
But will they still be seen?
When time and tide have been.
Fall into your passing hands.
Please don't destroy these lands.
Don't make them desert sands.

Chorus, Lead.

Soon I hope that I will find,
Thoughts deep within my mind.
That won't disgrace my kind.