Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What happened on October 25th?

Eagle Point, Grand Canyon West
Grand Canyon West Eagle Point



A bookish meme

I grabbed this meme from Paul who was tagged by Charley.

1. Grab the nearest book. If you are currently reading something, that'll be fine too.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet I know that is what you were thinking!
6. Tag 5 people

{As if on cue, Hisvet stepped lightly down from the afterdeck and hastened to them. "Dear mistress, do you bid me undo the Dirksman his knots?" Frix asked at once, almost as if she wanted to be told to. "I will attend to matters here," Hisvet replied hurriedly. "Go you to the afterdeck, Frix, and harken and watch for my father". }

From Modern Classics of Fantasy, edited by Gardner Dozois, Short Story "Scylla's Daughter", Author Fritz Leiber.

I don't tag, my ego gets beaten up enough. Have fun if you decide to do it.



Heroes update. I know that the show is not for everyone. Wife can't stand it. No problem. I can't stand Gilmour Girls, some people can. This type of show is for some people and not for others, enjoy it if you can, hate it if you want to. Me, I'm enjoying every minute of it. (by the way they are repeating the Monday show on thursdays on Gobal if you missed it)
Anyway, very cool scene where Nathan Petrelli finally makes use of his powers, not just the power of flight but flight at the speed of sound... cool!. Peter Petrelli, is finally reveiled as (I call it) a leech, he gains the powers of the "hero" that he is closest to. Peter is shown completing a painting for Issac, after being told to go back to Issac's apartment by "future Hiro" and help save the Cheerleader. Do you think she is Sylar's next victim? What is her father doing. Why is he involved with the Blank Man? What/who is DL Hawkins and why is his wife so afraid of him when his son loves him so much. Also they are now starting to integrate the characters. What will the outcome be, and how are they going to stop the bomb? Very cool.


Cash Box #1 song for the week of Oct. 21 1967 "To Sir With Love" - Lulu


Boom Boom by John Lee Hooker
recording of 1961 from The Vee Jay Years 1955-1964 (Charly 82333-1754-2) &
Vee Jay No. 2204
,
Boom boom boom boom
I'm gonna shoot you right down,
right offa your feet
Take you home with me,
put you in my house
Boom boom boom boom
A-haw haw haw haw
Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
I love to see you
strut
up and down the floor
When you talking to me,
that baby talk
I like it like that
Whoa, yeah!
Talk that talk, walk that walk
When she walk that walk,
and talk that talk,
and whisper in my ear,
tell me that you love me
I love that talk
When you talk like that,
you knocks me out,
right off of my feet
Hoo hoo hoo
Talk that talk, and walk that walk
Oh, yeah!