Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What happened on October 4th?

I-75, driving south during March Break 2006.
I75 Tennesse Mtns

I was going to do a post about the new TV show Heroes, but I'll save it for later.

I don't know what today has been like for you so far, but for my family and I it has sucked. Whether its the weather (we had a horrible thunder/lightning storm here in Toronto this morning. It only lasted between around 5 am to 7 am, but tons of rain fell, lots of thunder and a lot of lighting) or is it because everyone in my family is nuts, I just don't know. This morning in my family no one could get along, Eldest was snapping at everyone (he took everything as criticism), Wife tried to keep her cool (but lost it one me and Eldest in the end), Middle couldn't concentrate and snapped at youngest and me (Dad), Youngest just couldn't sit still and yelled at everyone about undone homework and taking cans to school for a food drive. Me, I lost it on everyone but Youngest. (I'm such a a**hole!!) The only one who is a saint is Nonna, she is making us Gnocchi for dinner.

I wonder how weather can affect a whole family?, can air pressure change personalities? (I need to google this) We were just at each others throats this morning, and no one came out of it happy.


Rainy Day People, ©1975 by Gordon Lightfoot

Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call
Rainy day people don't talk
They just listen til they've heard it all
Rainy day lovers don't lie when they tell you
They've been down like you
Rainy day people don't mind if you're crying a tear or two

If you get lonely, all you really need is that rainy day love
Rainy day people all know there's no sorrow they can't rise above
Rainy day lovers don't love any others, that would not be kind
Rainy day people all know how it hangs on a piece of mind

Rainy day lovers don't lie when they tell you
They've been down there too
Rainy day people don't mind if you're crying a tear or two

Rainy day people always seem to know when you're feeling blue
High stepping strutters who land in the gutter sometime need one too
Take it or leave it, or try to believe it, if you've been down too long
Rainy day lovers don't hide love inside they just pass it on
Rainy day lovers don't hide love inside they just pass it on


By the way for you music/history freaks like me .. today is the 36th anniversary of Janis Joplin's death.