Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What happened on November 14th?

Small Flower Bed
Small flower bed


Heroes update: Seven Minutes to Midnight. Wow! What a show. As usually I'm in the basement to watch, Wife can't handle the jumping around between characters.
So anyway, Issac has been kidnapped/fooled/emprisioned/helped by Mr Bennet in a hosptial like setting, all of Issac's paintings have also been brought to the paper plant that Bennet uses as a cover. Even though Bennet has helped him get clean (off smack, which Issac uses to enable his powers to see/paint the future) and has someone (another possible "hero" with a power to coerce people?) trying to teach him to use the power without the aid of herion, Bennet now wants to get him high again so that he can paint the future of Claire, becuase of painting of her being attacked. Bennet gives a insight into the organization that he belongs to, and how he and his wife came into custody of Claire. Bennet seems to have good intentions, or at least that is what it seems like

Another story line was Matt Parkman .. he has been suspended for hitting the cop that has been sleeping with is wife, The FBI uses him to interogate The Radiation Man - Theodore Sprague, Sprague and Matt compare notes on how they came into their powers until Homeland Security comes to take Sprague away. Matt is left desperate to find out what is going on .. oh by the way they both remember "The Haitian" being in the bar when they passed out.

And finally our Hero "Hiro" and his side kick are in a cafe in Texas, they meet a pretty waitress who seems to have gained the power of complete recall. The camera keeps on sweeping on a character in the shadows .. you know is Sylar .. the girl is killed, head cut open and brain scooped out .. police investigate .. we see a photo of her celebrating her birthday .. Hiro decides to go back in time to prevent her being killed .. finally shot of the night, her birthday photo agian, this time Hiro is in it!

So once again we are left with a cliff hanger, and have to wait till next monday. I'm going nuts, get your Heroes kick here at 9th Wonders board.




CFNY plays the best of the "On Going History of New Music" on Sunday mornings, this weekend the did two hours on Alan Cross's presentation of "30 years of Punk". Now I didn't get to listen to all the show because we had Middles hockey practice, and it's kind of hard to bring the Van's radio into the rink. So I spent most of the day today listening (while working) to the six part series that they have posted online. Now I not good enough of a hack to give you direct links to ths shows, only the pages that they are posted to. So if you want to hear the show yourself, follow the links below and click on "30 years of Punk Shows 1-6". If your interested in the history of puck music for 1974 on, it is a show well worth listening to. He has clips from old school punk bands like the Diodes, Sex Pistols, Television, and newwer bands like Bad Religion, Pennywise and Bad Brians. The show grows into a discussion on what punk is and was. Take a couple of hours out of your life.

30 years of Puck #1 Original Broadcast Date: 23.04.06
30 years of Puck #2 Original Broadcast Date: 30.04.06
30 years of Puck #3 Original Broadcast Date: 07.05.06
30 years of Puck #4 Original Broadcast Date: 14.05.06
30 years of Puck #5 Original Broadcast Date: 21.05.06
30 years of Puck #6 Original Broadcast Date: 28.05.06

Presently listening to Holiday in Cambodia by the Dead Kennedy's




Lyrics for: Red Rubber Ball, the Diodes (origionally by The Cyrkle 1966, co-written by Paul Simon)

I should have known you'd bid me farewell
There's a lesson to be learned from this and I learned it very well
Now, I know you're not the only starfish in the sea
If I never hear your name again, it's all the same to me

(Chorus):
And I think it's gonna be alright
Yeah, the worst is over now
The mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball

You never cared for secrets I'd confide
For you, I'm just an ornament, somethin' for your pride
Always runnin', never carin', that's the life you live
Stolen minutes of your time were all ya had to give

(Chorus)

The story's in the past with nothin' to recall
I've got my life to live and I don't need you at all
The roller-coaster ride we took is nearly at an end
I bought my ticket with my tears, that's all I'm gonna spend

(Chorus)

Oh, I think it's gonna be alright
Yeah, the worst is over now
The mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball



dj_technique left a comment on Nov. 8, he said...
yo i know this isnt what the topic is about but do u do taekwondo? Well yes I do, I now have my green belt .. want to get my Blue, but I have to learn Sifa(sp?) first (this is a pattern if you need to know) but at the present time "the master" is making us drill on kicks. Why do you ask? ( I went to his site and he mentions a TaiKwonDo game to be released in the new year)