Thursday, November 09, 2006

What happened on November 9th?

Red Lillies in a Bunch
Red Lillies in a bunch

Wife and I had a discussion last night about Science and Creation vs.. Chaos and Creation (not in the Adam and Eve sense of creation but more in the sense of creating art, thought or developing things).
Now as I understand her statements, everything is based on science and can be explained by the rules of science. Whether it is art, math, or even procreation. Everything follows rules and cannot exist outside of those rules. Now me , I believe in pure Chaos, everything comes from Chaos and with a explosion, roll of a dice, whatever you want to call it creation is formed from that Chaos. Take art, music or even babies, Wife says they follow mathematical rules... Yellow with Blue makes green, this note combined with this not makes this tone, a single sperm with singular DNA impregnating a egg. For me each of these events represents Chaos being brought together by chance to create a singular thing. Colours splashing on a canvas, single notes being brought together by chance, millions of sperm being shot into a dark cannel and by a roll of the dice a single (in most cases) sperm breaking through a wall to impregnate a egg. This is cool stuff, Chaos is the base of everything with science attempting to set rules so that everything in existence could be explained so that we as little humans won't be overwhelmed by Chaos itself. Hey I agree with her when it comes to math .. I just can't understand math, I just don't get it. Now math I can't explain with Chaos and that is where my argument falls apart. Any help here?
Heady stuff for the ride home from parent teacher interviews eh? For a strong Catholic she has very strong views on the rules of science.

As to the Toronto Mayor race, nothing to say, everyone who is running is not worth my vote. The only thing it looks like I can do is vote against the front runner (Miller) in hopes that not enough people do this so that Pittfield doesn't get elected. As to the councillor in my riding, she has to go, but once again there is no one to vote for. The next four years for this city is going to suck.

By the way I started to see a psychologist a few weeks ago. Wife says I forget things moment after I say something (kids agree with her), I'm having problems with my temper (the smallest thing sets me off), I'm having problems with personal contact with people (I hate being touched) and I'm just wound up tight as a top. Our family doctor says its stress and that I need to talk. So we will see how talking to him goes. The first night was so bad, I was half an hour late because of traffic, and just tense as anything. If someone had said the wrong thing to me I would have hoped out of the car and just lit into them. He got to see me at my best/worst.


Lyrics for Helpless from CSNY from the album Deju Vu

There is a town in north ontario,
With dream comfort memory to spare,
And in my mind I still need a place to go,
All my changes were there.

Blue, blue windows behind the stars,
Yellow moon on the rise,
Big birds flying across the sky,
Throwing shadows on our eyes.
Leave us

Helpless, helpless, helpless
Baby can you hear me now?
The chains are locked and tied across the door,
Baby, sing with me somehow.

Blue, blue windows behind the stars,
Yellow moon on the rise,
Big birds flying across the sky,
Throwing shadows on our eyes.
Leave us

Helpless, helpless, helpless.