Friday, November 24, 2006

What happened on November 24th?

Wild Rose Crop
wild rose crop


Meme day, I haven't done one in a long time .. enjoy.

I haven't done this one yet, but Joe and Kimberly at Word @ Large Blog created probably the first CBC meme on "My Top Ten Most Influential People Who Never Lived". I will probably try it at some point in time, but right now I'm trying to whittle the list down to ten.


I came across this one completly by accident liked it so I grabbed from The Internet is Garbage

Open iTunes/iPod or Windows Media Player to answer the following.
Go to your library. Answer the followling questions:

How many songs: 2179

Sort by song title:
First song:: #1 Zero - AudioSlave - Out of Exile
Last song:: Zombie - The Cranberries - Stars: The Best of 1992-2002 [Bonus Disc] Disc 1

Sort by time:
Shortest: Closing: I Can't Turn You Loose - The Blues Brothers - The Definitive Collection - (0:45)
Longest:Somthing in the Way - Nirvana - Nevermind (20:35) (has a 10 min bed of silence)

Sort by album:
First song: Beach Baby - Tony Burrows - 20 Best of 70s Rock 'N' Roll
Last Song: Vagabond - Wolfmother - Wolfmother

Five most played songs:
So Much Trouble in the World - Bob Marley; The Wailers - Gold Disc 2 - 10 plays
I Can't Stand It - Velvet Underground - Gold Disc 2 - 8 plays
Going Down Slow- Howling Wolf - The Hits - 8 plays
Blues On My Mind - Dinah Washington - Shouting the Blues - 7 plays
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz - Big Shiny Tunes 6 - 7 plays

First song that comes up on "shuffle" play:
Spoonman - Soundgarden - Superunknown

Number of items that come up when searching for:
"sex": 5
"death": 3
"love": 88
"you": 245
"me": 2110
"cry": 5


Borrowed from Paul:
You paid attention during 74% of high school!

68-84% Pretty good, you know that there are libraries and newspapers, and you remember what you've read. You were a child that wasn't left behind!

Do you deserve your high school diploma?
Create a Quiz


The sad part is that I could have done a lot better if I had paid attention in school!


Lyrics for "Spill The Wine" by War

I was once out strolling one very hot summer's day
When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest
In a big field of tall grass
I laid there in the sun and felt it carressing my face
As I fell asleep and dreamed
I dreamed I was in a hollywood movie
And that I was the star of the movie
This really blew my mind
The fact that me an overfed long haired leaping gnome
Should be the star of a hollywood movie, hmmm
But there I was
I was taken to a place
The hall of the mountain kings
I stood high by the mountain tops
Naked to the world
In front of
Every kind of girl
There was long one's, tall ones, short ones, brown ones,
Black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones
Out of the middle, came a lady
She whispered in my ear
Something crazy
She said,

Chorus x4
Spill the wine dig that girl

I thought to myself, what could that mean
Am I going crazy, or is this just a dream
Now wait a minute
I know I'm lying in a field of grass somewhere
So it's all in my head
And then I heard her say one more time

Chorus x4
Spill the wine dig that girl

I could feel hot flames of fire roaring at my back
As she disappeared, but soon she returned
In her hand was a bottle of wine
In the other a glass
She poured some of the wine from the bottle into the glass
And raised it to her lips
And just before she drank it, she said

take the wine dig that girl
spill the wine, dig that girl
spill the wine, dig that girl
spill the wine, dig that girl
take that girl, yeah!
It's on girl, all you gotta do is spill that wine
spill that wine, let me feel, let me feel hot, yeah! yeah!
spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine,
spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine,
dig that girl!


Cashbox # 1 song for the week ending November 22 1979 "Babe" - Styx