Thursday, May 18, 2006

May 18 th.

A three year old was struck and killed by a car last night in my neighbourhood. My daughters and I saw the police cars and tape as we went for our evening walk around the block.

The Toronto Sun story stats

The girl was able to get out of the car without any help and no booster seat or child seat could be seen in the rear of the car she came from.
Toronto police Traffic Services Sgt. D W said. "At this point I can't say whether the child was in a booster seat or not. We're early in the investigation."

I don't want to judge anyone but Child Safty Locks on cars have been around since the 80's. Hell I still have my Youngest in a car booster seat because she is so small. This was a preventable accident that should never have happened.

By the way, do you know that the Sun was the only paper that I could find this story in. A childs death isn't as important as the death of a soldier who choose to be there. Sad.