Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Was I ever sick yesterday.

My wifes Aunt and Uncle are visiting from Naples, Italy. To make a long story short, we found out the Uncle loves antiques, so wife decided why don't we take a drive to St. Jacobs on one of the hottest days of the year so far. I was fine driving there, bit hot walking around but I was OK .. really enjoyed looking at the antiques in the St. Jacobs Antique Market. We even hit a yard sale, aunt picked up what I thought was junk but she was happy. Wife then decided we should take them to the Elora Gorge. A nice ride in a air conditioned van. We got to Elora, very pretty town by the way, went to the Mermaid Antiques, saw the Elora Mill Inn and some swans swimming up river from it. Got directions to the Gorge, from the very nice front desk lady at the Inn. Uncle got a lot of videos of Mennonites, not sure he was supposed to but he did anyway. We then drove to the conservation area, parked, had a really nice walk through the spruce & cedar forest along the rim of the gorge.

How all this made me sick, I think I got heat stroke. I had to get wife to drive home from Milton, I fell asleep with the kids in the back seat (I haven't done that since I was a kid). We got home and I slept, I went to work yesterday and felt horrible all day, I got home from taking middle to guitar lessons last night and slept till this morning. I just felt drained.