Sunday, May 13, 2007

What happened on Sunday May 13th?

Tulips in the garden
tulips


Ah, Mothers Day has gone off without a hitch, other than I am exhausted. Wife had a nice relaxing day, I worked, kids did sqwat ... I'm being unfair, they helped a bit. On saturday Middle, Youngest and I went shopping for MDay gifts. We found two nice sweaters and a white skirt at Sears and at H&M we found a really nice sun dress and a very colourful babydoll sun shirt. I have discovered the perfect way to shop for wife. See cloths, show it to the girls, girls go yes/no, look at price, hold on to it until we see something else, at the end ask the girls which ones to buy. Fool proof. In fact I was 5 for 5 on the cloths gifts this year. I'm ususally 2 for 5.

Had to hit HMV .. what is mothers day without giving the gift of music. (heck I even gave my mother music... Michael Buble and Dissy Gillespie.) Took the girls in .. I picked the music,(Middle is going on about how Mom won't like that), I trusted my instincts. INXS - The Greatist Hits from 1994 and the 2007 Grammy Nominees CD. Once again, I was 2 for 2. Last years cd's were questionable, but once she listened to them, I did okay.







So we gave the gifts to Wife in the morning, after letting her sleep in of course. We had a quiet day, the girls had swimming, Eldest had homework (we'll talk about this another time, he is grounded again) and I did laundry. Went to church and once we got home I began to prepare dinner. I made bbq chicken breast for the kids and I (Wife is a veggie), fried sweet potato and yukon gold potato chips, grilled veggies, and spanakopita. (It turned out great, Eldest tried some and even liked it, though said it could have used more Feta.)






As Wife went to bed tonight I got a kiss and a thank you. Good day had by all.

And now for a little story reinforcing why I always have to watch what I do so I don't slip into loserdom.





On thurday morning I was backing the crown vic out of the garage, more worried about the tune on the iPod than what I was doing and SMASH CRASH ... fuck...
Seven Year Good Luck?

I broke the f**ing drivers side mirror. What a tool.

Listening to Chan Chan Buena Vista Social Club

De Alto Cedro voy para Marcan'
Llego a Cueto voy para Mayar
El cari o que te tengo
No te lo puedo negar
Se me sale la babita
Yo no lo puedo evitar

Cuando Juanica y Chan Chan
En el mar cern an arena
Como sacud�a el 'jibe'
A Chan Chan le daba pena

Limpia el camino de paja
Que yo me quiero sentar
En aquel tronco que veo
Y as no puedo llegar

De Alto Cedro voy para Marcan'
Llego a Cueto voy para Mayar